Blythe Kingdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BlytheCon Europe 2012 - Ask Junko! (Interview with Junko Wong, Blythe Creative Director)

Go down 
+13
Blythetastic
TuSabesBlythe
winksandgiggles
ericaduh
ManonAntoinette
theblythebanner
jenniekay
jinjur
grouper
LaVir
marzipandaizy
Fiddlette
two_eyes_girl
17 posters
AuthorMessage
two_eyes_girl

two_eyes_girl

BlytheCon Europe 2012 - Ask Junko! (Interview with Junko Wong, Blythe Creative Director) Empty
PostSubject: Ask Junko Wong!   BlytheCon Europe 2012 - Ask Junko! (Interview with Junko Wong, Blythe Creative Director) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 5:29 pm

Hey guys! Here at the BlytheCon Europe team we are working on an interview for Junko Wong, Blythe Creative Director and CEO of the CWC Group.
Is there anything you would like to know from here?
Throw us a comment with your questions! (I'm already working on some of them xD)
http://www.blytheconeurope.com
Back to top Go down
Fiddlette

Fiddlette

BlytheCon Europe 2012 - Ask Junko! (Interview with Junko Wong, Blythe Creative Director) Empty
PostSubject: Re: BlytheCon Europe 2012 - Ask Junko! (Interview with Junko Wong, Blythe Creative Director)   BlytheCon Europe 2012 - Ask Junko! (Interview with Junko Wong, Blythe Creative Director) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 1:20 am

Oh yes!

I'd love to know if the Blythe collection handbook will ever be published in English

And if there could ever be a book, video,blog post, anything about how a Blythe doll is made...like photos inside a Blythe factory...I think it would be so interesting to see Blythe on a conveyor belt or having her hair cut or makeup applied by white coat factory technicians!

Also, her thoughts on where factory dolls come from and to be real hard hitting, what the ethics involved are in buying one
Back to top Go down
marzipandaizy

marzipandaizy

PostSubject: Re: BlytheCon Europe 2012 - Ask Junko! (Interview with Junko Wong, Blythe Creative Director)   BlytheCon Europe 2012 - Ask Junko! (Interview with Junko Wong, Blythe Creative Director) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 1:22 am

Fiddlette wrote:
...And if there could ever be a book, video,blog post, anything about how a Blythe doll is made...like photos inside a Blythe factory...I think it would be so interesting to see Blythe on a conveyor belt or having her hair cut or makeup applied by white coat factory technicians!

That would be so interesting!!
Back to top Go down
LaVir

LaVir

PostSubject: Re: BlytheCon Europe 2012 - Ask Junko! (Interview with Junko Wong, Blythe Creative Director)   BlytheCon Europe 2012 - Ask Junko! (Interview with Junko Wong, Blythe Creative Director) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 2:42 am

I would know if there will be more FBL releases!! I need a translucent and tanned FBL for my collection Smile
Back to top Go down
grouper

grouper

PostSubject: Re: BlytheCon Europe 2012 - Ask Junko! (Interview with Junko Wong, Blythe Creative Director)   BlytheCon Europe 2012 - Ask Junko! (Interview with Junko Wong, Blythe Creative Director) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 10:22 am

I would love to hear what she has to say about the "fake" mangos and UC. She'll probably just say something about how you should only buy from official suppliers but I would love to know if they are fakes or just really bad quality control.

Back to top Go down
jinjur

jinjur

PostSubject: Re: BlytheCon Europe 2012 - Ask Junko! (Interview with Junko Wong, Blythe Creative Director)   BlytheCon Europe 2012 - Ask Junko! (Interview with Junko Wong, Blythe Creative Director) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 12:19 pm

Will Blythe be sold in the US ? Possibly though TRU ?

Would there ever be a 'fan' doll where all the fans could vote on a
website and she would be produced ?

I was really disappointed to see the blythe book with no english
translation
Back to top Go down
jenniekay

jenniekay

PostSubject: Re: BlytheCon Europe 2012 - Ask Junko! (Interview with Junko Wong, Blythe Creative Director)   BlytheCon Europe 2012 - Ask Junko! (Interview with Junko Wong, Blythe Creative Director) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 12:28 pm

this is awesome!

I too would love to know about Blythe releases in the US and also the book being published in English at some point

One big question that I always think about is would it ever be possible to bring back the EBL/BL mold as a limited re-release?
Back to top Go down
theblythebanner

theblythebanner

PostSubject: Re: BlytheCon Europe 2012 - Ask Junko! (Interview with Junko Wong, Blythe Creative Director)   BlytheCon Europe 2012 - Ask Junko! (Interview with Junko Wong, Blythe Creative Director) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 2:04 pm

LaVir wrote:
I would know if there will be more FBL releases!! I need a translucent and tanned FBL for my collection Smile

Yes! A translucent FBL!!
Back to top Go down
ManonAntoinette

ManonAntoinette

PostSubject: Re: BlytheCon Europe 2012 - Ask Junko! (Interview with Junko Wong, Blythe Creative Director)   BlytheCon Europe 2012 - Ask Junko! (Interview with Junko Wong, Blythe Creative Director) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 3:47 pm

I would like to know where she gets her inspiration. And, indeed if the books and also the pattern books will ever be translated or dual language. This would create a higher appeal, it keeps me from buying the latest book.

A look inside the process of coming into existance of Blythe girls would absolutely be interesting!

Maybe some hints and tips on how to determine a factory doll. I've also seen sample dolls for sale and I wonder when and who they send samples of new dolls to and how do those end up being sold (Alexis Emerald on Ebay for example in December).
Back to top Go down
ericaduh

ericaduh

PostSubject: Re: BlytheCon Europe 2012 - Ask Junko! (Interview with Junko Wong, Blythe Creative Director)   BlytheCon Europe 2012 - Ask Junko! (Interview with Junko Wong, Blythe Creative Director) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 4:26 pm

Only question I have is - Will there be any future tanned skinned dolls in FBL/Middie molds, as well as translucent tanned skinned.

Oh and if they would reconsider Licca bodies
Back to top Go down
winksandgiggles

winksandgiggles

PostSubject: Re: BlytheCon Europe 2012 - Ask Junko! (Interview with Junko Wong, Blythe Creative Director)   BlytheCon Europe 2012 - Ask Junko! (Interview with Junko Wong, Blythe Creative Director) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 5:29 pm

jenniekay wrote:
this is awesome!

I too would love to know about Blythe releases in the US and also the book being published in English at some point

One big question that I always think about is would it ever be possible to bring back the EBL/BL mold as a limited re-release?

I'm definitely curious about this too! I also loved the idea of a quick photo/video tour!
Back to top Go down
TuSabesBlythe

TuSabesBlythe

PostSubject: Re: BlytheCon Europe 2012 - Ask Junko! (Interview with Junko Wong, Blythe Creative Director)   BlytheCon Europe 2012 - Ask Junko! (Interview with Junko Wong, Blythe Creative Director) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 7:58 pm

I would like to know if they ever plan on doing any dark skinned Blythes with fantasy haircolor?
Back to top Go down
Blythetastic

Blythetastic

PostSubject: Re: BlytheCon Europe 2012 - Ask Junko! (Interview with Junko Wong, Blythe Creative Director)   BlytheCon Europe 2012 - Ask Junko! (Interview with Junko Wong, Blythe Creative Director) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 8:15 pm

ericaduh wrote:
Only question I have is - Will there be any future tanned skinned dolls in FBL/Middie molds, as well as translucent tanned skinned.

Agreed! Macaron Q-Tea Party seems allllllllmost translucent but not quite. I'm also curious if they have any plans to make a translucent Middie or two?

As of February, there's been no mention of a new Middie release, so I'm curious if they're planning more regular release Middies? So far, the only regular release has been Milk &Honey.

Moooooar Middie info for the Middie fans, basically. :]
Back to top Go down
guywholoveblythe

guywholoveblythe

PostSubject: Re: BlytheCon Europe 2012 - Ask Junko! (Interview with Junko Wong, Blythe Creative Director)   BlytheCon Europe 2012 - Ask Junko! (Interview with Junko Wong, Blythe Creative Director) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 5:04 pm

same here will they going to make any black blythe.
Back to top Go down
guywholoveblythe

guywholoveblythe

PostSubject: Re: BlytheCon Europe 2012 - Ask Junko! (Interview with Junko Wong, Blythe Creative Director)   BlytheCon Europe 2012 - Ask Junko! (Interview with Junko Wong, Blythe Creative Director) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 5:07 pm

oh and will they going to come out parts?? like just scalp, face, eyelidand so on or crate you own blythe kind of thing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
aveuch

aveuch

PostSubject: Re: BlytheCon Europe 2012 - Ask Junko! (Interview with Junko Wong, Blythe Creative Director)   BlytheCon Europe 2012 - Ask Junko! (Interview with Junko Wong, Blythe Creative Director) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 9:20 pm

I tried to comment but failed; so here are my questions ^.^

1. Are there plans to retire the RBL mold?

2. Do you have any examples of blythe character ideas that did not make it through the initial development stage? Ideas that flopped?

3. Where do the creative minds behind the blythe doll find inspiration?

4. What can you say in respect to the immense international popularity of BLs in Europe and the Americas? How are BLs perceived in Asia?

5. "Blythe Theatre" is one of my favorite ways to see blythe come to life, is there potential for a stop-motion/animated television series?
Back to top Go down
two_eyes_girl

two_eyes_girl

PostSubject: Re: BlytheCon Europe 2012 - Ask Junko! (Interview with Junko Wong, Blythe Creative Director)   BlytheCon Europe 2012 - Ask Junko! (Interview with Junko Wong, Blythe Creative Director) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 10:34 am

ericaduh wrote:

Oh and if they would reconsider Licca bodies
ditto!

Thanks so much for your questions so far! There's still time to make a few more :-D
Back to top Go down
Fiddlette

Fiddlette

PostSubject: Re: BlytheCon Europe 2012 - Ask Junko! (Interview with Junko Wong, Blythe Creative Director)   BlytheCon Europe 2012 - Ask Junko! (Interview with Junko Wong, Blythe Creative Director) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 11:18 pm

Is there an entirely new face mold in the works for the future?

And why no more Petites? I wonder if there was ever an explanation for that that I missed somehow?
Back to top Go down
missypamela

missypamela

PostSubject: Re: BlytheCon Europe 2012 - Ask Junko! (Interview with Junko Wong, Blythe Creative Director)   BlytheCon Europe 2012 - Ask Junko! (Interview with Junko Wong, Blythe Creative Director) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 11:58 am

there are some great questions here!

i'm curious to know a bit about the differences between what types of dolls have been most popular in japan versus the most in demand dolls in north america/uk/europe.
Back to top Go down
jinjur

jinjur

PostSubject: Re: BlytheCon Europe 2012 - Ask Junko! (Interview with Junko Wong, Blythe Creative Director)   BlytheCon Europe 2012 - Ask Junko! (Interview with Junko Wong, Blythe Creative Director) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 12:18 pm

I was also wondering, with them doing these 'translucent' girls are they working to making
a 'modern' kenner blythe ??? With her glow ?
Back to top Go down
Sai

Sai

PostSubject: BlytheCon Europe 2012 - Ask Junko! (Interview with Junko Wong, Blythe Creative Director)   BlytheCon Europe 2012 - Ask Junko! (Interview with Junko Wong, Blythe Creative Director) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 10:38 am

Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Do aliens really exist? Is time travel possible?
We may not have the answer to those question, but we may be able to answer some blythe related questions for you.

BlytheCon Europe is proud to announce we will host an interview to Junko Wong, Blythe Creative Director and CEO of the CWC Group.
So if you have something to ask her, this is the time! JUST PUT YOUR QUESTIONS HERE. We will make a selection with 10 final questions that we will address to Junko.

See the original article with a couple of great questions asked by BlytheCon Europe attendees:
http://www.blytheconeurope.com/?p=451
Back to top Go down
two_eyes_girl

two_eyes_girl

PostSubject: Re: BlytheCon Europe 2012 - Ask Junko! (Interview with Junko Wong, Blythe Creative Director)   BlytheCon Europe 2012 - Ask Junko! (Interview with Junko Wong, Blythe Creative Director) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 11:16 am

There are already some answers here! https://blythekingdom.forumotion.com/t33388-ask-junko-wong
Any chance we could move them from that topic to this one?
Back to top Go down
Sai

Sai

PostSubject: Re: BlytheCon Europe 2012 - Ask Junko! (Interview with Junko Wong, Blythe Creative Director)   BlytheCon Europe 2012 - Ask Junko! (Interview with Junko Wong, Blythe Creative Director) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 11:19 am

How on earth did I miss that topic? I really need to get my online activities sorted! I'm not sure who can move topics here, I think it's Erica?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BlytheCon Europe 2012 - Ask Junko! (Interview with Junko Wong, Blythe Creative Director)   BlytheCon Europe 2012 - Ask Junko! (Interview with Junko Wong, Blythe Creative Director) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BlytheCon Europe 2012 - Ask Junko! (Interview with Junko Wong, Blythe Creative Director)
Page 1 of 1